You’ll find many reasons to experience issues with Honor 9C. But before doing something to solve what is wrong, you should identify first what caused the problems. Troubleshooting your Honor 9C model by Samsung isn’t as difficult as you would think. In truth, though you aren’t a tech specialist, you can solve the problems by yourself.
So what’s the most common issue you may experience in your Honor 9C model? Perhaps, forgetting a password or pattern lock could be one of the most significant problems with your Honor 9C handset by Samsung that can be happened.
Here are some tips and tricks on how you can reset/unlock/hard reset your Honor 9C when you forgot pattern lock or forgot password or PIN or Face Unlock.
The easiest one to hard reset if you don’t have access to your Honor 9C phone after turning it on. Steps are, Restart the phone, Immediately press power + vol up, a screen will show, select wipe data then reboot. But you will lose your all data from your Honor 9C phone.
Why Reset or Unlock Honor 9C ?
The thing is, people often make mistakes and get locked out of their phones. Trust me, it’s an honest mistake, and you’re not the only one facing this. Every day, lots of people may make the same mistake and come here to look for solutions.
Every mistake that causes a phone to get locked is different. So, according to the type of locking, there’s a specific method that you can apply. Lets’ talk about various kinds of locking and several ways to get you out of that locked phase.
Things you will learn here with your Honor 9C:
- Factory reset
- Hard Reset
- Google security question
- Google find my device
- Flash the device using Android multi tool
- Code reset
- reset Forgot Password
- Root and installing custom ROM
- face unlock remove
So, these are the methods that you can apply to unlock your phone. Not all the option is applicable for similar type situations. Every way involves for a specific problem. So, read through the options to determine which one is your issue and apply accordingly.
How to Unlock Honor 9C by Hard Reset
Hard reset is usually meant for the times when you can’t access your phone at all. That means you have forgotten the lock screen pattern or password, or your fingerprint is not matching. So, for this reason, you have to attempt a hard reset.
But don’t worry, if you have your data transfer module selected remotely from “developer options”, you can transfer your data to your computer.
Google account keeps backup of everything nowadays. So, you might not lose any data at all if you have all the backups turned on. Follow the steps below to perform a hard reset.
- Make sure the battery of Honor 9C already full or more than 50%
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold the “power button” and the “volume up button” together for a few seconds until the phone screen is lit
- if something it does not work try with the “Volume down button” or 3 button combiled
- Phone will vibrate and the screen logo will show, release all keys
- A screen will show with a menu item of lots of data, On this screen, you can only use your volume buttons to toggle through the options and the power button to select.
- Toggle using the volume buttons and select Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- You will see the confirmation screen. Toggle and select “Factory data reset”
- After Done, select “Wipe Cache Partition” and in the next screen select yes
- After successfully wipe the partition, select “Reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
After the phone turned on, Your device will be like, taken out of the factory.
How to Unlock Honor 9C by Factory Reset
The factory reset is a straightforward process. It can be done while you’re on your phone. Usually, the locking condition, in this case, is app lock. Sometimes to add an extra bit of protection, we lock specific applications. For example, if you don’t want anyone to see your pictures, you add app lock to your gallery.
But if you forget that pattern or code, you won’t be able to access the gallery to view your pictures. To change that pattern or regulation, you have to know the exact one you used to lock your gallery.
To get out of this mess, you need to factory reset your device. Factory reset refers to removing all the information, apps, settings, and files that your phone currently has and turning it into the way precisely it was when you bought it the first time apart from firmware updates.
You will lose all your data, all your photos, documents, and essential files after a factory reset. So, it’s evident that you back up each and everything on the cloud or your computer using a USB. After that, you’re good to go.
Follow the steps below to factory reset your Honor 9C.
- Open “Settings” on your phone
- Find and Open “General Management”
- Select “Reset”
- Find “Factory Data reset” and open it
- Select “Reset”
- Then Last you will see and tap “Delete All”
- Then, your device will reboot, and it’ll take a few minutes for your phone to restart, it’s completely normal if it takes time
- Do not try to force shutdown using the power button
Now, the phone will turn on, and you will see that all your locks, settings, accounts, apps, etc., are gone. You will have to set all the applications as you got a new phone.
How to Unlock Honor 9C with Google Security Questions
When you’re backing up your passwords and settings using Google, you get to select a security question in case you forget them. So, Google Security questions in a method with which you can unlock your Honor 9C phone.
When you’re at your locked screen, and you have attempted with a wrong pattern several times –
- It will show a forget pattern option
- After you tap that, your phone will ask you the Google security question that you have set earlier
- Answer that correctly
- Settings will tell you to select a new pattern
- Confirm the new pattern
- Finally, you’re done. Now, lock the screen and use the new pattern to unlock your Honor 9C
This applies only if you have your Google security questions memorized. Otherwise, you won’t be able to use this method.
How to Unlock Honor 9C with Google Find My Device
Find my device is an option with which you can locate your device and remote access from a computer to erase everything on your device for security reasons.
This method usually opts when you lose your device, or it gets stolen. When your device is stolen, your data becomes very vulnerable, and the thief may attempt to use your data against you. That’s why google has this option with which you can erase all the data of your Honor 9C remotely.
There are some perquisites though-
- Your device must be synchronized with google find my device
- Your device has to be connected to the internet.
In most cases, you can use the hard reset option to unlock your device when you get locked out of it and forget your password. But for some reason, due it any software issues or bugs, you may not be able to access the fast boot or recovery mode.
Then is when you should apply this method. First-
- Go to the official google find my device website (https://www.google.com/android/find) and login to your google account
- If you have your device linked with “Find my device”, you’ll find it in the available devices section.
- Select your device, and there will be such options like Secure device, Play sound, Erase device etc.
- Select the erase device option, and it will wipe out all the data from your phone
When the data is wiped out, you will see that the device is no longer locked and the interface has become factory fresh.
How to Unlock Honor 9C Using Android Multi Tool
There’s an option with which you can wipe all the data of your device using your computer. All you need is a USB cable to connect your phone with the PC/laptop and Software called Android Multi Tool.
First, you have to-
- Download android multi Tool
- Connect yourHonor 9C phone with the computer through a USB cable
- Start the application
- It would help if you had USB debugging activated on your device using Developer options through settings
- Then power up your device pressing the volume down and power button together
- Then a dropdown option will appear on the Software on your computer when your smartphone enters recovery mode
- Hit the number 5 option which wipes out all the data from your device
- After the process is complete reboot your phone
You’ll see that any lock that your phone had is gone. It’s good as new, and you have to perform the set up of your phone as a new device.
Method 6 (For Advanced user)
Unlock/Reset Honor 9C by Root and Installing Custom Rom/Fresh Rom
When there’s an issue with the Software, some options of your phone will supposedly fail due to bugs. In that case, what you can do is, root your Honor 9C and install a Fresh Rom of Honor 9C or a different software of any other phone on your device that is compatible with the specifications.
This is a method many people apply but has many downsides to it. You will lose the warranty of your device. But if you can select the correct ROM and firmware for your device, in most cases which is very easy to find, your device will work better than ever.
- Unlock bootloader
- Install TWRP
- Download any custom ROM you want
- Install the custom ROM using TWRP bootloader
There are many different methods of how you can do this. Using TWRP is the most convenient method for everyone.
You can also try below software
About Honor 9C Phone:
Honor 9C is a great phone by Samsung. It comes with Android 10, EMUI 10.1. It has storage of 64GB storage, microSDXC. The screen size is 6.39″, and the highest display resolution is 720×1560 pixels. Powered by 48MP camera and it has variant of 4 GB RAM with Kirin 710A. And yes its battery is Li-Po with 4000mah, which is enough for this phone more than 1 day+ of uses.
These are the ways you can unlock your Honor 9C phone if you get locked out of your device. Remember, a smartphone is a very complicated device. If you do not follow the steps, we have talked about in the order we have set them, you might end up causing damage and bricking your phone mostly if you try the ROM implementation method. Your device may not start again. So, follow the steps mentioned earlier accordingly. You will be able to unlock your Honor 9C without breaking a sweat.